Friday, November 5, 2010

Motivated to finish projects: a good feeling!

I've been in lazy mode the past few weeks, but this week for some reason I have fire under my buns! I have started a bunch of new projects and am proud to show the ones I finished this week. I'm always inspired to get moving on projects for Sew and Tell Fridays over at Amylouwho's wonderful blog.

First off, a brand new hat... new size, new yarn, new eyes... just finished this today! (Guess this is crochet and tell, but I think it still counts)
This is the first 3-6 month size hat I've made. It's quite small and is made to fit on a 14"-17" head. I just bought the yellow yarn at the shop the other day. I had already finished up most of the hat when I bought it, otherwise I may have added it into the rows as well, it's very mellow yellow and yummy, I can foresee it being the beak on most hats from now on at the very least. Also, I had an idea about making the eyes with an off-centered pupil, which worked great, but I had to make the white of the eye stand out this time since it was on a white hat, so this little girl gets eye liner, haha! It will be up in my NEW ETSY SHOP very soon =] (more on that further down)

Last night I finished my third hat like this. It's the first one to sell off my new Etsy store I opened last month, I also sold one to a friend, Kim, for her 1 year old daughter, so I made two of these this week!

The same friend who ordered the owl hat, asked me to make a Jack Skellington hat for her son. A little late for Halloween, but it's not for that, it's just because it's his favorite movie, he's got good taste! I finished both hats for Kim last night.

I made another hooded towel for Silas, this time with a bigger hood he can grow into a bit. I love this new striped towel from Martha Stuart, it's perfect for my boy! I love how easy and quick these towels are, although this time I used the hand towel length wise so it would be big... because he really will be a big boy before I know it... boo!

Another thing I've been procrastinating on posting is my inevitable dive into selling on Etsy. Remember my post about a new obsession with cuckoo clocks? Well I wasn't happy with using "Cheerio Chicken" anymore, I don't even like chickens... So I thought I would go a different route with using cuckoo in some way, keeping with the "Black Forrist" theme I already have going. About a month of deliberation and a random phone call to my sister and I got "Cuckoo Kinder", and it all came together. Anyone have a good place to get garment labels made?
I made the logo using mostly the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator, and a lot of inspiration from found cuckoo clock images. Now I am thinking of turning the bird into an owl though since my specialty is the owl hat... (also, I just added a link to my store so if you need a darling hat... adult sizes are on their way... go check it out, though it's sparse at the moment since all hats I'm currently making are special orders)

No comments: